June 27, 2008

sneek peak...

It finally stopped raining long enough for me to get outside and take some photos of my works in progress. The lighting in my apartment is terrible, and I haven't had the best success with my flash (it would help if I knew how to use it), so everything comes out yellow. I need to experiment more with different lights, but that would require finding time to do that. And space. Two things I don't have. So for now, natural light is best.

This is the first of my three jumps. The plan is to have a small rock wall under the polls. The colors on this one are going to be burgundy, gray and white. I still need to make the wall and get some mortar to fill in the stone with. I love these little stones, they are so easy to work with! One thing that I realized, after I had put these standards together, was that the 1/2" jump cups fit very tightly on these 1/2" square poles. Thus they need to be sanded before assembly or the cups will scratch the paint. Of course I realize this
after putting it together... oh well next time.


























This is my second jump, the caribbean themed one. It is almost complete. I still need to make a gate to go below the poles, which will be green. And of course, I'm still looking for some trees/bushes for the flower pots. I love the way this one has turned out so far.






















The last jump will be a lot like the first one, but stained a medium wood color and have green (or blue) and white accents. I wanted to use something different for the 'box' area of the standards, so I haven't fully put them together yet. We'll see how it goes. This one will definitely be for sale. And I remembered to sand the posts down this time, so no scratching. ;)